Award Winning Care
Our OhioHealth family of associates is a collaborative group that discovers and succeeds together. Our culture is defined by our mission and OhioHealth values of excellence, compassion, integrity and stewardship. Position Summary
What is it like to work at OhioHealth?
WE have an unwavering commitment to put our patients at the center of everything we do, providing quality care and an exceptional patient experience. Through our many feedback channels, our associates tell us they are proud to work for OhioHealth, enjoy the people they work with, and feel valued as a part of our OhioHealth family.
…if your passion is to work in a caring environment
…if you believe that learning is a life-long process
…if you strive for excellence and want to be among the best in the healthcare industry
For the seventh consecutive year, OhioHealth has been named to FORTUNEmagazine’s list of the nation’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” in 2013. Being a Best Company is about our culture and how we engage one another. This recognition is one measure of our success in achieving a part of our vision — to be an organization “where people want to work.” Apply now and work together with us to improve the health of those we serve.
Under general supervision, prepares, verifies and distributes patient accounts billing to third party payers. Maintains information related to patient account activity. Contacts third party payers and patients to ensure that the third party payer accurately processes patient account claims as quickly and efficiently as possible. Minimum Qualifications
1. Work requires a high school level of skills, and six to twelve months of previous account processing experience plus two to three months of time on the job. Additional Job Information
2. No certification, registration or licensure required.
3. Work requires the analytical skills to gather and interpret data in situations where the information or problems are not overly difficult or complex.
4. Work requires the communication skills necessary to exchange information on factual matters, greet visitors, explain Hospital policies, and/or relay patients account information to appropriate personnel.
5. Work is performed in accordance with instructions and procedures but incumbents must organize the work, set priorities, and request occasional exceptions when necessary.
Scheduled Hours Per Week
40 Equal Employment Opportunity
OhioHealth is an equal opportunity employer and fully supports and maintains
compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. OhioHealth does not discriminate
against associates or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age,
ancestry, national origin, veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status, or other
characteristics protected by law. Equal employment opportunity is extended to all persons in all
aspects of the associate-employer relationship including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion,
transfer, compensation, discipline, reduction in staff, termination, assignment of benefits, and any
other term or condition of employment.